Personal History

FAQ & Fees

Wedding Gazebo

Additional Services

How do I get a Marriage License?

503 579-6420

Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) and Fees

How much do you charge for officiating at a wedding?

For elopements and simple ceremonies, I charge a flat fee of $250. This includes an initial one-hour consultation with me (in person or over the phone) and a simple, one-hour or less ceremony - religious or non-religious - at a place of your choosing. Please see below for some ideas on where to hold your Elopement.

For traditional wedding services, my services start at $250 and will depend upon the nature of your ceremony, the location, and other circumstances. My price includes an initial one-hour consultation with me (in person or over the phone), the creation of your ceremony, and my presence at your wedding ceremony. I charge an additional $100 for rehearsals, which your situation may not require.

A nonrefundable deposit of $100 is required to hold your wedding date.

Can you officiate our wedding on a holiday?

If I am available on a particular holiday, I would be happy to officiate your wedding. Please note that I charge an additional $50 for weddings performed on the following holidays: Thanksgiving Day and the Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, and July Fourth.

Do we need to attend pre-marriage counseling?

Oregon Law does not require premarital counseling. However, I do offer premarital counseling - secular or religious - for couples that are interested.

What do we need to do to become legally married?

You will need to apply for a marriage license at least three (3) days prior to your wedding. You will also need two witnesses, present at your wedding. Please visit our Marriage License page for more information.

Does Oregon offer marriage licenses to same-sex couples?

Yes. Same-sex marriage has been legally recognized in Oregon since May 19, 2014.

We just want a simple ceremony. Can you recommend any locations?

Some common locations for Elopement weddings include a park, the beach, the couples' home or the home of a family member or close friend. You may also use my home office, which has a wedding gazebo in the backyard, where I will be glad to perform the ceremony.

Back To Top